Marvel is going pink! Some of the publisher’s most iconic superheroes drawn by an all-star roster of artists are joining the fight for the cure this month. Eight of Marvel’s biggest titles will go pink with variant covers in support of the Susan G. Komen For the Cure Campaign during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. These books will be sold exclusively in comic shops and include a one-page advertorial educating readers about breast cancer.
“Marvel is proud to partner with Susan G. Komen For the Cure to support their unparalleled efforts to raise awareness about the risk of breast cancer to both women and men,” said Dan Buckley, Publisher & President of the Print, Animation & Digital Divisions, Marvel Worldwide, Inc. “We’re in a unique position to educate all our fans worldwide and increase awareness of the ways to fight—and reduce– this risk of this disease by utilizing our comics and online presence.”
Here are the titles to watch for this month:
- AVENGERS #31 KOMEN VARIANT by Pasqual Ferry & Chris Sotomayor [on sale 10/10]
- CAPTAIN AMERICA #18 KOMEN VARIANT by Dale Keown & Frank D’Armata [on sale 10/10]
- CAPTAIN MARVEL #5 KOMEN VARIANT by Joe Quiñones [on sale 10/107]
- FANTASTIC FOUR #611 KOMEN VARIANT by John Tyler Christopher [on sale 10/10]
- INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #526 KOMEN VARIANT by Paul Renaud [on sale 10/10]
- THE MIGHTY THOR #21 KOMEN VARIANT by Mike Perkins & Sonia Oback [on sale 10/17]
- UNCANNY X-MEN #20 KOMEN VARIANT by David Marquez & Chris Sotomayor [on sale 10/17]
- WOLVERINE #315 KOMEN VARIANT by Ben Ang & Edgar Delgado [on sale 10/24]
Wolverine’s daughter, X-23, is featured on the Wolverine variant. It’s inspiring to see Carol Danvers helping the cause. The recently promoted Captain Marvel is the only female character headling her own title written by a fan favorite writer Kelly Sue DeConnick.
Marvel is also publishing a special one page advertorial running throughout its comics in October to raise awareness of breast cancer in men. The publisher reveals all the variant covers which you can see here on Marvel.com.